The In-Line Pitotless Nozzle measures water flow-rate from a hose valve, pressure reducing valve, hydrant nozzle, between two lengths of 2 ½” hose, or just about any 2 ½” outlet. Hose or piping can be attached downstream of the unit without affecting the accuracy of the readings.
Common applications for the In-line Pitotless Nozzle include:
- Stairwell standpipe flow testing
- Pressure reducing valve flow testing
- Fire pump flow testing
- Fire flow testing of hydrants
- As an in-line flow meter for fire pumps.
The In-line Pitotless Nozzle Kit includes the following items configured in a padded case. Each component can be sold as a separate line item.
- Pitotless Nozzle™ (Threaded). Sizes1⅛”, 1 ¾”, or 2”. One size per kit.
- Differential Chamber. 2 ½” NH Female Swivel x 11”
- Differential Gauge. ½% full scale accuracy rated; 0-100 PSI.
- Gauge Tubes. Two ¼” x 12” tubes w/ push-to-connect tube fittings and male quick disconnects.
- Discharge Valve. 2 ½” NH Slow close valve for controlling water discharge. Included in kit. Optional depending on application.
- Line Gauge. 0-200 psi, 2 1/2" dial, 1% full scale accuracy rated. Measures the static/residual pressure during a flow test.
- Equipment Case. Seahorse CASE720; Air tight and crush resistant; 19.75” L x 15.53” W x 7.48”D
- 2 ½” Stream Shapers. To minimize hose-burn.
- 30° or 45° Elbows. To angle the hose or the In-line Pitotless Nozzle to meet job conditions.
Uses: As an in-line flow meter when fire pump flow testing, standpipe flow testing, or fire flow testing of hydrants.
Approvals: FM Approvals
GPM Min: 246
GPM Max: 983
Pressure Measuring Range (psi): 5 to 80
Connection Size (In.): 2-½
Thread: NH (National Hose Thread)
Length (In.): 18 (end-to-end including discharge valve)
Ship Weight (lbs.): 21
Differential Chamber Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum and hard-coat anodized per MIL-A-8625 Type III, Class 1.
Pitotless Nozzle body material: 6061-T6-511 and hard-coat anodized.
Warranty: 2-Year Limited Warranty
Country of Origin: United States